Sunday, November 29, 2009

Another update on me!

I actually have a life here in Germany! Isn't that exciting???

Well, I have a couple of interesting things that happened in the past few... days? Weeks? I guess weeks, huh? Well, let me start....

I joined German Red Cross! I can't remember if I already said that in my blog or not, but it's really awesome. I've been having a LOT of fun with it! I've made a good handful of new friends with it, but now it seems like I can't even go out into town without running into someone I know! Which is GREAT!

Also, the youth group thing that I'm in? Sooooo much fun! Last week we played a game where we had to be the other person's arms! My partner and I had quite a difficult time with it... he had to feed me pretzal sticks with nutella and I had to put makeup on him! It was super fun! But he looked HORRIBLE (I guess I'm not very good at doing makeup when I can't see what I'm doing!) and I ended up with nutella ALL over my face. God, it was sooo fun!

The weekend before this one I took the train all alone up to Heidenheim (thats an hour long trip or so!) It was somewhat scary, and I was terrified I would get lost, but nope, it all worked out! I stayed the weekend with Olivia, another exchange student, from Washington. We went to the mall, watched Brokeback Mountain and Shark Tale (no joke) and visited another exchange student in the city, Mitch. It was an exciting weekend, and I came home with a cool new pair of jeans and a rocking hat! Olivia's just might be cooler, though... Just maybe... :]

Then I went to school, did school-like things... Blah blah blah... and thennnnn... I went to see Twilight! New Moon was pretty good, Taylor Lautner is ridiculously hot. I watched it all in German, which was awesome! Cause I understood ALMOST everything. I saw it with a big group of my German friends! They made me laugh, and helped me with the few things I didn't understand.

Then Olivia came and stayed with me this last Friday night. We saw Twilight (yes, I did see it twice!) and then on Saturday we went to STUTTGART! Yes, I do go into Stuttgart about once a week, thanks for asking!

Weihnachtsmarkt starts (like, really starts) in Stuttgart next week, but for today, I went to the Weihnachtsmarkt (Christmas Market) in Wolfschlugen, the little village where I live! It was really fun, but I didn't buy anything, except for lunch :]

The mat I just finished nicely rolling up from where I slept when Olivia was here Friday night just mysteriously unfolded itself.... This is serious stuff, people. It really did... Yes, I did sleep on the ground while Olivia was here. She slept in my bed. How does that work? I don't know.

Anyways, I just got an email from Rotex saying that we will all meet in Esslingen at 9.30 AM on Sunday morning (next week) and go to the Weihnachtsmarkt there! YAY! Every town has a Weihnachtsmarkt, in case you didn't quite get that. It's certainly not a Rotary weekend, but a Rotary daytrip is pretty awesome too, assuming we all end up going!

Alright, well now you are caught up on the major things I've done in Germany lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment