Sunday, October 4, 2009

Oh-Bla-Di, Oh-Bla-Da, life goes on!

Well, today I decided to write some more on the sorry excuse for a website I like to call my blog!

Ladies and Gentleman, here we have some writing on a boring backround that you are currently reading! Since my pictures are being dumb, I can't at the current moment figure out how to upload pics. I think I may have figured out a way, but it's late, I'm lazy and I have yet to try it.

I think today I will write about what I did this weekend! This will cover all extra-curricular activities that I'm doing/taking here in Germany! Well, at least most of them. It will also help you get to know my host family a little bit. Sarah: Someday in the very near future, I shall write about my school and such. That day is not today.

So. This weekend. I guess I should start at the beginning, and work my way until the end. Friday. Friday was a fun day. I decided to test out a Drama class. Oh, how fun that was. The best thing about drama people is that you can look like a complete idiot in front of them, and they think it's pretty normal! This is very useful for me! It is a GREAT place for me to practice my German! So we did some improv and such. It was VERY exciting :) And quite amusing for me! Then I checked out an art class! I think I'll be taking art here in Germany as well!

Oh! By the way, I'm taking hip-hop. Yep, that's right. Hip-hop. Nicole Walker is a dancer! Crazy, no? I suck. But it doesn't really matter, it's really pretty fun! And it's helping with my "cultural immersion", as my host daddy says.

Anywaysss... Friday night my host brother taught me how to use a knife. I don't know why, but for some reason I appear to be knife-retarded. At the Rotary retreat weekend, I couldn't cut a piece of bread. I'm not even kidding. So my host brother, laughing at me, decided to take pity on my lack of knife-using skills (if that makes any sense) and he cut my food for me, then taught me how to use a knife. Well, I still suck. But I don't suck as badly now.

Saturday, I was GOING to go to the Volksfest with one of the other exchange students. My host family approved it, his host family approved it... But due to an unfortunate misunderstanding, it didn't happen. Instead, I went to a choir practice. It was insanely fun, surprisingly. We sing Beatles songs. How perfect is that for me? I met some hilarious people. In fact, I had the most hilarious converstation ever. I don't know how well it would transfer into English, unfortunaly, but if you really wanna hear about it, please, just ask me!

After choir, we got home and ate dinner. Not too exciting. Then my host brother, Kai, decided to play poker with me. My host dad, Andi, joined in too, and my host mom, Anita, decided to watch and laugh. Well, I neglected to warn the two of them about my awesome American poker abilities. Kai is pretty good at poker as well, but Andi tried bluffing one too many times, and went out within the first half hour! So it was down to Kai and me... We got pretty into the poker game, actually. Eventually, Kai lost all his chips and I won. Cause I'm awesome.

Which brings me to a section of my blog titled: My host brother. Kai... most of the time he just completely ignores me. Which is cool. But sometimes, he decides to be hilariously funny and really awesome. And we play poker. Or he teaches me how to use a knife. Which is cool too. End of section about my host brother.

Almost all day Saturday I spoke only German. Yep. I'm just that good! I know, I know. Please applause now :)

So Sunday. Again, I went to choir practice. It was pretty amusing too. Oh by the way, today is Sunday. Anyways. Today I went to choir practice. We sang "Yellow Submarine". As a select few of you reading this *cough* Jessica *cough* know, that song is magical. And brings about strange happenings. Strange things have yet to happen, but I promise you, they will. And when they do, I'll be insanely amused. And be sure to report back to you all.

After choir Andi and I took a long bike ride. It was tiring. And hot. And fun too. And then I came home, at dinner and stole blank CDs from Kai, to burn cool music I checked out from the library here in Wolfschlugen. They have some awesome music, but I can't believe how RIDICULOUSLY expensive blank CDs are over here!

And now I sit here, updating my blog. Hmm... maybe one of these days I will write about school... That day may just be tomorrow. Or it may not be. I don't know, I can't see into the future. Maybe I'll fix the stupid pricture problem pretty soon too.........

Well, that's all, Folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment